Please use the scroll bar inside each page, to view page contents...
‘Word on the Lake’ runs from Friday evening, May 15th through to Sunday, May 17th 2014. Sessions will include both skill development workshops and open forums with presenters based on questions and answers in an intimate setting.
Confirmed for 2015
Brian Brett, Grant Lawrence, Anne De Grace, Harold Rhenisch, Kathryn Para, Gary Fjelgaard...more to come.
Photos from 2014 Festival
View MORE photos from the 2014 Word on the Lake - Shuswap Readers' and Writers' Festival
Feedback from 2014 Festival
A Selection of feedback comments from presenters and attendees, 51% of feedback forms returned.
Overall rating from presenters and attendees was Excellent.
- Fantastic Conference chaps! Really good participants, high quality writing. Terrfic hospitality and entertainment. Presenters are like sheep …need to be told where to go and when!
- The festival was a great experience for me. The size and intimacy of the festival was great. It was nice to have a variety of presenters-theatre, music, genres.
- Excellent! A wonderful combo of music, writing, performance. Keep it intimate!
- Time of workshops a little short for exercises.
(Perhaps we need to return to the previous workshop time of 90 minutes? Festival Chair)
- Thank you for making me a part of this wonderful experience. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’d love to come back.
- Loved the Ladies of the Shuswap singers!
- Impressed with the smooth coordination of events.
- Diana Gabaldon’s workshops all inspired me to continue writing.
- One location would be better for the whole festival.
- Workshops were all worth going to. Great selection of presenters.
- Fabulous- definitely worth traveling to.
- Howard White delivered great info on statistics, publishing in the digital age and advice for publishing now.
- Loved the new location for the Coffee House! Intermission space too small to mingle and meet.
- Gary Geddes provided us with notes. It would be great if more presenters did this. A privilege to listed to all these presenters. Thank you for the opportunity.
- My second year here. Presenters and Blue pencil editors are very supportive and professional.
- More gluten free choices are needed.
(We will try to do this in 2015 Chair)
- Inclusive atmosphere…so encouraging
- The information shared is priceless.
- Keep up the good work. This was top rate. Exceptional volunteers and organizers
(Thank you! Chair)
- Advertise more in the Kootenays.
(Will do! Chair)
- Would like more working sessions as in master classes, next year.
- Consider for next year's lineup… a Canadian Keynote or International and younger presenters, Rap, spoken word.